Gold Coast Winter Escape with Sally
Explore the amazing Gold Coast HinterlandSun September 13, 2020 to Wed September 16, 2020
Gold Coast, Queensland
Private TripAT A GLANCE
★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Your Gold Coast Winter Escape
Most of us have cabin fever, especially for those who often travel, be it for work or leisure. Some of us will have worked harder, or been busier than before, while some will have filled their time cooking, gardening, watching television series, riding indoor-trainers or anything else to avoid the home-schooling challenge.
What better way to escape winter than to head to the sunny Gold Coast for 4 days of cycling in the beautiful Gold Coast Hinterland. Your winter escape with a perfect mix of riding, activities and relaxation. Each day we will enjoy a ride along the amazing coastline and beautiful hinterland of the Gold Coast. Our afternoons will be spent enjoying the local activities and sights and most importantly supporting local businesses.
Welcome to the Sunshine State
Our trip starts with staff meeting you at Gold Coast airport at 11 am. It is only a short drive to our hotel in the heart of the Gold Coast and a short walk from the beach. Alternately you are free to meet us at the hotel at 12 noon.
For those arriving a day or two earlier, Bikestyle Tours can arrange pre-trip accommodation on the Gold Coast.
Our ride this afternoon heads into the Gold Coast Hinterland on one of our favourite climbs, Springbrook. Situated on the Qld/NSW border ranges it has luscious vegetation with many brooks and waterfalls. The winding road is comparable to what you’d find in Europe on the foothills of the Pyrenees. However, you are not mistaken by the dominant Eucalypt to remind you that you are in Australia.
Our first climb to Tamborine is a solid climb with gradients reaching 18% in some sections. We will stop at the famous Mt Tamborine bakery before descending off the mountain to start our next climb up to Beechmont. Beechmont offers amazing views across Hinse Dam and to the Gold Coast coastline.
We have a shorter ride option available which tackles the easier side of Beechmont. We can meet up with those on the long ride at the summit of the Beechmont, where paragliders launch into the thermal air current heading for the best views of the Border Ranges and the Gold Coast.
From the summit of Beechmont, we will enjoy a great descent back to our hotel where we will stop for a short break and lunch. After lunch, we do one of the favourite activities on the Gold Coast Broadwater, stand up paddleboarding. We’ll also be supporting a local tourist operator recover.
Murwillumbah and Ink Gin
On leaving our hotel this morning, our ride heads south along the golden beaches before turning inland and across the NSW border into Murwillumbah. We will take a tour of the popular Ink Gin Distillery (maybe purchase a few samples for after the ride!) and continue our ride. We have a short gravel section to reach Murwillumbah where we can fuel up for our stunning climb over Tomewin, our toughest challenge. We will pause at the lookout at the summit and carefully descend into the Currumbin Valley and back along the coastline to our hotel.
For those looking for a shorter option today, we have a more direct route home from the distillery, skipping the steeper hills.
Beach to Beach
Snapper Point is probably the most picturesque beach on the Gold Coast. We’ll ride along many of them today, so it’s up to you to decide which is your favourite. We’ll make a stop for a coffee along the way.
Once we return to the hotel your staff will be on hand to assist with packing your bike in preparation for your trip home. We will provide a single transfer back to Gold Coast airport at 2 pm.
4 days (3 nights)
Price: AUD $1650 (per person, twin share)
Single Supplement†: AUD $270
Starts: Sun September 13, 2020
Finishes: Wed September 16, 2020
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland
Trips have a minimum of 3 participants to proceed.
Guests will have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund if the trip is cancelled by Bikestyle Tours due to insufficient numbers.
Our ‘private trip’ option helps you share your experience, exclusively with your cycling mates.
- Explore the amazing Gold Coast Hinterland
- 3 nights accommodation on the famous Gold Coast
- Accommodation a short walk to the beach
- Stand-up Paddle Board Experience
- Ink Gin Distillery visit
- Fully guided and supported rides
Planned rides are between 3 and 4 hours in length, with undulating terrain. Guests should have the ability for maintaining an average of at least 25 kph on a flat ride, for more than 2 hours. This trip is designed for intermediate and advanced cyclists.
Accommodation and Transport
- Transport throughout, custom van
- Transport for your bike with professional bike carriers
- 3 nights accommodation 3 star hotel
- Stand up Paddleboard excursion
- Husk Distillery Visit
- Buffet breakfast daily
- 2 course evening meals on 2 nights
- Wine on welcome and farewell dinners
Professional Ride Support
- Hosted by our experienced tour guides and coaches
- Mechanical assistance with your bike
- Ride support vehicle when you need it most
- Navigation assistance on all guided rides
- Sports powders, water and bars during your ride
This is an Exclusive Private Experience
Enjoy an exclusive experience with your mates as this is a private trip.
Your Protection with Special Trip Conditions ‡
We help protect your investment by taking COVID-safe measures and special payment conditions.
If the event is not possible to proceed on the chosen date for events relating to COVID-19, we encourage guests to reschedule without penalty. This is mutually beneficial to guests, Bikestyle Tours (the tour operator) and any third party suppliers. Deposits are fully refundable with the following conditions:
- Final payment is required 4 weeks from trip departure.
- 100% refund possible before 14 days from trip departure for cancellations relating to COVID regulations in force (eg. personal close-contact quarantine, interstate quarantine or border closures).
- Within 14 days of trip departure and in case of extraordinary COVID regulations in force (eg. personal close-contact quarantine, interstate quarantine or border closures) at time of travel, guests may cancel with full refund less any non-refundable amounts paid to third party suppliers. Subject to the tour operator receiving full or partial refunds from suppliers. In such a scenario, we work with guests and suppliers to reschedule at the earliest opportunity, without penalty.
‡ Standard terms and conditions for Ride to Recovery trips also apply.